nifi-users mailing list archives

From Chris Campbell <ckcampbell...@live.com>
Subject RE: Basic operations questions
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2015 19:35:15 GMT
Thanks! I set the expiration and the queues cleared right out.

From: Matthew Clarke [mailto:matt.clarke.138@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 6, 2015 9:22 AM
To: users@nifi.apache.org
Subject: Re: Basic operations questions

Chris,

    You can set file expiration on the queue. Any FlowFiles older then the value entered will
be purged by the NiFi controller.  In Future releases we are working to make that process
even easier.

    You can configure backpressure on the connections to help control disk usage in the content_repository.
 When a backpressure threshold (soft limit) is reached the processor feeding that connection
will stop until the backpressure drops bellow the set threshold(s)

Thanks,

Matt

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 9:12 AM, Chris Campbell <ckcampbell248@live.com <mailto:ckcampbell248@live.com>
> wrote:

I’m just getting NiFi set up in a PoC mode and I have a couple of simple management questions…

1.       Is there a way to clear out the queues? I’m finding that if I shut down my processors
and then want to make changes to the flow, I can’t because there is data in the queue. I
have deleted the data from the content_repository directory but I expect that’s not the
right approach.

2.       Is there a way to limit the amount of storage NiFi will use? I am running my PoC
system out of disk space and most of it seems to be used up in the content_repository directory.

Thanks!