nifi-users mailing list archives

From Mark Payne <marka...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Client Site to Site
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2015 17:59:11 GMT
Naveen,

Currently, if you are using secure site-to-site, then it requires 2-way SSL. So you will want
to use
needClientAuth = true, and you will need the keystore and truststore configured for both NiFi
and
your client.

This is something that is being addressed for the 1.0.0 build, but as of right now it's two-way
SSL or
not secure.

Thanks
-Mark

> On Nov 3, 2015, at 12:46 PM, Madhire, Naveen <Naveen.Madhire@capitalone.com> wrote:
>
> I did set the keystore properties and didn’t set the truststore properties because
I set “nifi.security.needClientAuth” to “false”

> Do I still need truststore property?
>

> nifi.security.truststore=
> nifi.security.truststoreType=
> nifi.security.truststorePasswd=
> nifi.security.needClientAuth=false
>

> From: Mark Payne <markap14@hotmail.com <mailto:markap14@hotmail.com>>
> Date: Tuesday, November 3, 2015 at 11:40 AM
> To: "users@nifi.apache.org <mailto:users@nifi.apache.org>" <users@nifi.apache.org
<mailto:users@nifi.apache.org>>
> Subject: Re: Client Site to Site
>
> Naveen,
>
> With the config provided below, you are setting the "nifi.remote.input.secure" flag to
true.
> This means that you will need to also set the keystore and truststore properties.
>
> Thanks
> -Mark
>

>> On Nov 3, 2015, at 12:36 PM, Madhire, Naveen <Naveen.Madhire@capitalone.com <mailto:Naveen.Madhire@capitalone.com>>
wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I am unable to connect to Nifi Instance using site-to-site configuration. I’ve
setup to run Nifi locally and also configured site-to- site-communication using the below
properties,

>> # Site to Site properties
>> nifi.remote.input.socket.host=
>> nifi.remote.input.socket.port=9870
>> nifi.remote.input.secure=true
>>

>> I created a simple workflow to pull the data from Kafka and put into an Output Port
(“oput”).

>> My issue is when I am using the below SiteToSiteClientConfig in my application I
am getting “could not find port” error,

>> SiteToSiteClientConfig clientConfig = new SiteToSiteClient.Builder()
>>       .url("http://localhost:8080/nifi/ <http://localhost:8080/nifi/>")
>>       .portName(“oput")
>>       .buildConfig();
>>

>> Do I need to configure any other property to enable remote site-to-site?
>>
>> Please let me know.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Naveen
>>
>> The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and/or proprietary to Capital
One and/or its affiliates and may only be used solely in performance of work or services for
Capital One. The information transmitted herewith is intended only for use by the individual
or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying
material from your computer.