nifi-users mailing list archives

From Charlie Frasure <charliefras...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Feature proposal: Streamline visual flow design
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2015 14:13:32 GMT
Apologies, not sure how to properly respond to an old thread.  (Maybe
that's the idea.)  I was looking through the archives before posting some
usability comments about the UI and turned up a couple of threads in
September.

If we did automatically open the configuration screen when a processor was
dropped on the canvas, a quick press of ESC seems to back out nicely.  A
possible compromise for the processor configuration could be a double-click
to open behavior, as it seems this action is not currently assigned.
Better yet, a user-configurable double click action (start/stop, configure,
data provenance, etc) would be nice.

The other enhancements mentioned would be great as well.

Rob Moran <rmo...@gmail.com>SubjectRe: [DISCUSS] Feature proposal:
Streamline visual flow designDateThu, 10 Sep 2015 19:09:44 GMT

So far there seems to be a couple in agreement to leave the add processor
behavior as is. My use of *inconsistency* was referring the simple fact
that behavior is different. Add a processor - no dialog; draw a connection
- same type of dialog appears to take action. Perhaps we design a more
intuitive way to quickly “configure” a connection when drawn. It could be a
small in-place editor <http://ui-patterns.com/patterns/InplaceEditor> that
appears when the connection is drawn allowing a quick, localized
configuration to take place.