nifi-users mailing list archives

From Matt Gilman <matt.c.gil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Rest API for templates.
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2015 01:12:31 GMT
Chakri,

The endpoint exists but due to a shortcoming in the documentation tool it
does not get included. There are two different options for importing a
template. Both are located at

POST https://{host}:{port}/nifi-api/controller/templates

You can invoke this endpoint three different ways. The way that gets
included in the documentation creates a new template based off a snippet
identifier. This allows you to create a template based off a snippet of
your local flow.

The other two ways allow you to create a template based off of an existing
one:
- One option is to send a request with multi-part form data (file upload -
this is what the UI does). The form parameter of the template is named
"template".
- The next option would be to include the serialized template in the body
of the request. Specifically, this is serialized as a TemplateEntity which
is the same as the response of the first request I mentioned above (an
example of this is in the documentation). This version of the endpoint
accepts application/xml or application/json.

I've received this question a couple times so I've created a JIRA for
addressing it. [1]

Matt