nifi-users mailing list archives

From Mark Petronic <markpetro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MergeContent/SplitText - Performance against large CSV files
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2015 17:12:05 GMT
Thank you, Mark, for the quick reply. My comments on your comments...

"That's a great question! 200 million per day equates to about 2K - 3K per
second."

Unfortunately, the rate will be much more extreme. Those records all show
up over the course of about 4 hours. So, every time a new zip file appears
on my NFS share, I grab it and process it. About 160 files will appear over
those 4 hours. For example, the average sized zip file would likely contain
about 180,000 or 1,600,000 records to process in that one scheduled Nifi
run. And, it is very likely that, for a given run, say scheduled to run
every 30 minutes, there could be multiple files to process. I did not
mention it before but there are really two types of very large CSV files I
have to process here, one is 18M records and the other 200M records per
day. So, traffic is very bursty.

Does that change anything regarding the intended use case for the new
RouteText

"We should have a RouteCSV processor as well."

That would be very nice and definitely more performant without the need for
regex matching. However, I definitely would benefit even from RouteText, in
the interim. For my use case, the regex will be pretty simple as the
timestamp is close to the front of the record, but I see where you are
going on the potential complexity with groups and widely spread out fields
of interest.

Is RouteText available on any branch where I could build and play around
with it before 0.4.0?

Thanks,
Mark