nifi-users mailing list archives

From Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ExecuteProcess processor cannot be stopped/started
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2015 14:25:23 GMT
Chris,

If you run into a case of a stuck thread we'd love to see the stack
trace.  You can generate one by running 'bin/nifi.sh dump' and sending
us the logs.  I believe it is bootstrap.log specifically.

If you have a processor which immediately gets stuck after startup
where it takes a thread and never relinquishes even if told to stop
then that does present a tricky situation for a user today.  We need
to provide a mechanism [1] whereby the user can say 'kill' and we'd
take that thread off into some special space and whatever sessions(s)
it has are automatically rolled-back no matter what.  Right now the
approach you'd have to take is to set conf/nifi.properties

   nifi.flowcontroller.autoResumeState=false

Then restart and now you can change/tweak/fix/test that processor
because all processes will come up stopped.  Just remember to change
that setting back :-)

Now, perhaps add additional copies of that processor to the graph and
tweak settings to find what is ultimately holding it up.  Tell it to
redirect the error stream, try the command manually, etc..

Thanks
Joe