nifi-users mailing list archives

From Bryan Bende <bbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: template repo for learning
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2015 15:14:39 GMT
If you can share a little more info about what the API that you're trying
to interact with looks like, we can likely provide more concrete guidance.

As a very basic test, to familiarize yourself with the Expression Language,
you could create a "dummy flow" such as:
- GenerateFlowFile to create a new FlowFile on a timer
- UpdateAttribute to set attributes you want to be passed to your API, you
can use expression language here to create dynamic date/time values
- InvokeHttp to call your API
- You could then route the "Response" relationship from InvokeHttp to some
other processor to possibly extract information from the response for
further use

Let us know if we can help more.