Chakri,

The endpoint exists but due to a shortcoming in the documentation tool it does not get included. There are two different options for importing a template. Both are located at

POST https://{host}:{port}/nifi-api/controller/templates

You can invoke this endpoint three different ways. The way that gets included in the documentation creates a new template based off a snippet identifier. This allows you to create a template based off a snippet of your local flow.

The other two ways allow you to create a template based off of an existing one:
- One option is to send a request with multi-part form data (file upload - this is what the UI does). The form parameter of the template is named "template".
- The next option would be to include the serialized template in the body of the request. Specifically, this is serialized as a TemplateEntity which is the same as the response of the first request I mentioned above (an example of this is in the documentation). This version of the endpoint accepts application/xml or application/json.

I've received this question a couple times so I've created a JIRA for addressing it. [1]

Matt

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-1113