nifi-users mailing list archives

From Chris Teoh <chris.t...@gmail.com>
Subject Recovering from heap memory exceeded
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2015 14:13:07 GMT
Hey folks,

I'm trying to recover NiFi from a state where the processors are stuck
running a process (in reality the process isn't running) even after a NiFi
restart.

I was running SplitText on log files to return a lot of FlowFiles which
caused an out of memory error.

The result is a lot of the following errors and the stuck processors.

Expiration Action
org.apache.nifi.provenance.lucene.DeleteIndexAction@4f65b2f0 on Provenance
Event file ./provenance_repository/3981676.prov.gz due to
org.apache.lucene.store.AlreadyClosedException: this IndexWriter is closed;
will not perform additional Expiration Actions on this file at this time

How do I recover from this? I had to delete all the repositories to make
this come back to a known good state. Is this the only way or can I recover
the state?

Kind Regards
Chris