nifi-users mailing list archives

From Bob Zhao <bob.zhao.w...@live.com>
Subject Re: How to save the original JSON to Solr - PutSolr
Date Thu, 24 Dec 2015 05:56:27 GMT
Hi Bryan,Thanks for the quick response. Happy Holiday!Glad to know this will be implemented
by the natural way.Best Regards,Bob
    _____________________________
From: Bryan Bende <bbende@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2015 7:28 PM
Subject: Re: How to save the original JSON to Solr - PutSolr
To:  <users@nifi.apache.org>

    Bob,
       The field mappings with the json paths is actually something provided by Solr. The
PutSolr processor is just passing all those parameters over, and Solr is doing the extraction,
so we are limited here by what Solr provides. I'm not aware of a way to tell Solr to select
the whole document into one field, but it may be possible.
       An alternative might be to modify the json with in NiFi to add a new field that contains
the whole original document. The ExtractText processor would likely be your starting point
to select the whole content into an attribute, then potentially ReplaceText to modify the
original json.
       I believe there is a ticket somewhere in jira for a ModifyJson processor which would
make this easier in the future, but doesn't exist right now.
       -Bryan