nifi-users mailing list archives

From "Ritenour, Russell C." <Russell.C.Riten...@leidos.com>
Subject RE: trouble with remote process groups.
Date Fri, 15 Jan 2016 14:32:48 GMT
Matt;

Thanks for suggestion.   The meesage is definitely related to when the flow contains the remote
process group (not necessarily the site-to-site communication).   When I remove the RPG from
the flow, the message stops appearing.   Adding it back, generates the message.

I took your suggestion and made sure the niagarafiles.remote.input.socket.host value was set
on dev1 and restarted the nifi instance on both dev1 and dev2.   Upon reboot, I see a message
in dev1's log with the message:

... Unable to determine whether or not site-to-site communications  with peer should be secure

I'm guessing that validates your thought on the network (and/or the SSL setup) is incorrect
on these machines.  Is there a good way to test how NIFI is determining the IP?   Note, I
tried using the IP directly but got error messages in the log that the HTTPS hostname is wrong.

________________________________
From: Matthew Clarke [matt.clarke.138@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2016 5:42 PM
To: users@nifi.apache.org
Subject: Re: trouble with remote process groups.

Russ,
  The message you provided had nothing to do with your site-to-site not working between hosts.
The likely problem is caused by unknown host problems. In your NiFi.properties configuration
file under the site-to-site section there are 3 properties (host, port, and secure). My guess
is you configured a port and change secure to false but left host blank. It if likely your
host is resolving to localhost and sending that in the connection URL for S2S communication.
Try populating host with a hostname that the other NiFi can resolve our an IP and restart.
Let us know if that solves your S2S problem.

Thanks,
Matt

On Jan 14, 2016 3:47 PM, "Ritenour, Russell C." <Russell.C.Ritenour@leidos.com<mailto:Russell.C.Ritenour@leidos.com>>