nifi-users mailing list archives

From <philippe.gib...@orange.com>
Subject RE: control nifi processors with REST (ie without GUI)
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2016 07:50:51 GMT
Hello thanks everybody for  your answers

The request is a  put request from a Jax rs client java
………..
response = webResource.type("application/json").put(ClientResponse.class, returnedJSONProcessor1Updated);
…………
with returnedJSONProcessor1Updated ( see the gist pls)
https://gist.github.com/pgibert/1fdd1d7bf8de4c9bda4e

best regards
philippe

De : Matt Gilman [mailto:matt.c.gilman@gmail.com]
Envoyé : mardi 19 janvier 2016 17:58
À : users@nifi.apache.org
Objet : Re: control nifi processors with REST (ie without GUI)

Philippe,

NiFi employs an optimistic locking scheme that requires clients to pass in a revision when
making a mutable request. The revision is comprised of a version (a number that increments
with each modification) and a client id. The client id can be any string. Typically however,
you'll use the client id that's generated for you when you make your first request (like retrieving
the entire flow). You should continue to use this client id with all subsequent requests.
In order for a mutable request to be accepted, a client must either have the current version
or the client id that last modified the flow. The second check allows clients to submit requests
asynchronous without having to wait for preceding requests to complete.

I am guessing that based on your error message your not including a client id in your request
and your revision is not current. Each successful mutable request will contain the updated
revision in the response.

Let me know if this helps. If not, could you send the requests your making?

Thanks!

Matt

On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 11:48 AM, <philippe.gibert@orange.com<mailto:philippe.gibert@orange.com>>