nifi-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Dyer <jdy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NiFi Hive processors
Date Mon, 18 Jan 2016 12:03:20 GMT
Sudeep,

There isn't currently a hive processor. This can be done though using a combination of PutHDFS
and ExecuteSQL however. Since hive adheres to a scene on read mentality you can use PutHDFS
to load the data in the appropriate HDFS directory a hive database/table will be expecting
it. Once the data is in HDFS you can either use InvokeHTTP to call the hive rest API commands
or ExecuteSQL to make a JDBC connection and execute sql. When using ExecuteSQL you will want
to make sure that you use the hive standalone jar which contains all of the required classes

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 18, 2016, at 2:24 AM, sudeep mishra <sudeepshekharm@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Do we have any processors in NiFi to push data from HDFS to Hive and to read adat from
Hive?