nifi-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Burgess <mattyb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deploying flows
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2016 19:07:41 GMT
There is a REST API that will allow you to export, import, instantiate, and update templates:

https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/

In addition, I’m working on a Java library (and Groovy shell) to make these kinds of tasks
easier.  For your example, from the shell you could do something like:

nifi_dev = NiFi.bind('http://dev.my.com:8080')
nifi_prod = NiFi.bind('http://prod.my.com:8080')
nifi_prod.templates << nifi_dev.templates.’My Template’

I’m not sure that last line works yet, but you can export to file then import:

nifi_dev.templates.’My Template’ >> ‘/path/to/my_template.xml’
nifi_prod.templates << ‘/path/to/my_template.xml’

It’s still very much a work in progress but I hope it proves useful. Source code is here:
https://github.com/mattyb149/nifi-client  I’ll get a version 0.2 up to Bintray this week,
but you can download (or clone) the folder and run “./gradlew shell” to get to the NiFi
Shell.

Regards,
Matt

From:  "Tauzell, Dave" <Dave.Tauzell@surescripts.com>
Date:  Monday, January 11, 2016 at 1:49 PM
To:  "users@nifi.apache.org" <users@nifi.apache.org>
Subject:  RE: Deploying flows

Thanks.  Is there an API to deploy them?  Or is it manual.  If I update the template, do I
delete the existing flow and then re-import the new flow as a template?

-Dave

Dave Tauzell | Senior Software Engineer | Surescripts

O: 651.855.3042 | www.surescripts.com |  Dave.Tauzell@surescripts.com

Connect with us: Twitter I LinkedIn I Facebook I YouTube