nifi-users mailing list archives

From John Burns <jzbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Inserting data into mysql
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2016 13:54:29 GMT
Hi all,

Apologies if this is a basic question, but I don't readily see the answer
in the user guide.

So I have the following flow:

GetHTTP -> PutFile -> ExtractText -> RouteOnAttribute -> // I then want to
write the data into mysql//

So the ExtractText adds a new attribute to the file if it successfully
finds some text based on my regular expression. The RouteOnAttrbute then
sends the flowfile plus new attribute to some database insert processor.

This is where I'm stuck.

The docs for PutSQL require the incoming flow file to be SQL text. So
obviously I'm missing a processor step after RouteOnAttribute and before
PutSQL.

Basically the use case is to track websites for changing content, when some
content of interest appears, to write this into mysql database.

Does it need to be converted to JSON first?

Any help would be appreciated.

John