nifi-users mailing list archives

From Aldrin Piri <aldrinp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Testing a nifi flow via junit
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2016 20:26:25 GMT
Hello Vincent,

This is something that does not exist and there have been a few threads on
this topic [1][2].

Summarily, these tools do not currently exist due to the preference of
using the interactive and real-time command and control over the flow as
well as the increasing difficulty of maintaining flows as they grow and
evolve.

There are some good tips on how other people have tackled the problem in
the linked message threads.  One alternative suggestion is making use of
NiFi's template functionality [3] to work on stubbing out flows on a
different instance and use that to promote an entire flow or segment to
another system.  Templates are an area we are planning to both enhance and
mature as laid out in some of our feature proposals [4][5].

Please let us know if this is accomplishes the functionality you are
looking for or if we are coming up a bit short on some of what your needs
are for integration level testing.  Your case is common and certainly one
we need to execute on well.  Any feedback you can provide from your
perspective both in view of the current state of templates and the path
forward as laid out in the proposals would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

--aldrin

[1]
https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/nifi-dev/201502.mbox/%3CBAY406-EAS4223C0996501AE0F51DEE77CE160@phx.gbl%3E