nifi-users mailing list archives

From Matt Gilman <matt.c.gil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: processor stats and count
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2016 16:04:56 GMT
Philippe,

You have a couple options.

1) You could write a Reporting Task that does this. We already offer a
Reporting Task that takes this stats and writes them to a log file [1].

2) You could use the REST API to get the status. The endpoint in question
would be

/nifi-api/controller/process-groups/{process-group-id}/status?recursive=[true|false]

When recursive is set to false, this call will return the status for all
child components of the specified Process Group. When recursive is set to
true, this call will return the status for all descendent components of the
specified Process Group.

The counters are a different concept then the stats. A component may choose
to use counters to track or aggregate some value. They would be reported
here.

Matt

[1]
https://github.com/apache/nifi/blob/master/nifi-nar-bundles/nifi-standard-bundle/nifi-standard-reporting-tasks/src/main/java/org/apache/nifi/controller/ControllerStatusReportingTask.java

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 10:56 AM, <philippe.gibert@orange.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> 1)      I would like to know if it is  possible to get the stats from 1
> processor running and send them ( bytes read , written, transferred in last
>  5min,…  etc …)
>
> To an external  consumer outside of  Nifi  for example a kafka broker
>

> 2)      I had a glance to counters  returned here
>
> http://localhost:8080/nifi-api/controller/counters
>

> <countersEntity>
>
> <revision>
>
> <clientId>e0b588dd-7872-4a23-976c-e5d5c6828016</clientId>
>
> </revision>
>
> <counters>
>
> <generated>15:47:53 UTC
>
> </generated>
>
> </counters>
>
> </countersEntity>
>

> But The returned XML is always  empty ….:-)
>

> Philippe
>
> Best regards

> Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou
privilegiees et ne doivent donc
> pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message
par erreur, veuillez le signaler
> a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques
etant susceptibles d'alteration,
> Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie.
Merci.