nifi-users mailing list archives

From Matt Gilman <matt.c.gil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Logging in as admin via HTTPS
Date Fri, 01 Jan 2016 21:51:11 GMT
John,

The LDAP integration handles the user authentication. The
authorized-users.xml file will handle the user authorization. If your
directory server has an account with the DN

cn=John Smith,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com

and you log in as that user, NiFi will use that DN and look up the
corresponding roles in the authorized-users.xml. These two concerns
(authentication and authorization) have been decoupled and made extensible.
The provided implementations supporting LDAP lookups and user roles stored
in the local file.

Let me know if that helps.

Matt