nifi-users mailing list archives

From Matt Gilman <matt.c.gil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: control nifi processors with REST (ie without GUI)
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2016 16:58:01 GMT
Philippe,

NiFi employs an optimistic locking scheme that requires clients to pass in
a revision when making a mutable request. The revision is comprised of a
version (a number that increments with each modification) and a client id.
The client id can be any string. Typically however, you'll use the client
id that's generated for you when you make your first request (like
retrieving the entire flow). You should continue to use this client id with
all subsequent requests. In order for a mutable request to be accepted, a
client must either have the current version or the client id that last
modified the flow. The second check allows clients to submit requests
asynchronous without having to wait for preceding requests to complete.

I am guessing that based on your error message your not including a client
id in your request and your revision is not current. Each successful
mutable request will contain the updated revision in the response.

Let me know if this helps. If not, could you send the requests your making?

Thanks!

Matt

On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 11:48 AM, <philippe.gibert@orange.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My  nifi version  :  nifi 0.4.1
>

> I try to control a nifi topology with REST API  (java  jaxRS client ).
>
> I  have a Nifi group of 2 processors and I can retrieve the  json config
> for each of them .  perfect !
>
> But when  I modify the json config ( Input Directory for my  getfile
> processor instance) and  use REST PUT API to update  the proc config,
>
> I get back these messages :
>

> : HTTP status code : 409
>
> : This NiFi instance has been updated by 'anonymous'. Please refresh to
> synchronize the view.
>

> And the config of the processor is not updated  ( checking it with GUI,
> doing a manual refresh status  and also a REST get)
>
> Any idea ?  problem of user auth?
>

> Best regards
>
> Philippe

> Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou
privilegiees et ne doivent donc
> pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message
par erreur, veuillez le signaler
> a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques
etant susceptibles d'alteration,
> Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie.
Merci.