nifi-users mailing list archives

From Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nifi UI - Readonly
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2016 22:03:50 GMT
Chakri

A user is associated with one or more roles.  One of those roles a
user could have is simply read-only.  In a typical organization the
majority of users actually have 'read-only' like a watch person or
monitoring service and so on.  Very few users would have roles such as
provenance or dfm where they can review details of what happened or
change flow behavior.  Once you setup NiFi in secure mode these roles
are in play.  The UI and API port you are referring to are indeed one
in the same because whether it is a user in their browser or whether
it is an automated system calling NIFI in any case it is using the
NIFI HTTP-based API.  You can certainly change the port but there is
only one port.

Thanks
Joe