nifi-users mailing list archives

From Corey Flowers <cflow...@onyxpoint.com>
Subject Re: "Processor requires an upstream connection" for FetchS3Object?
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2016 02:39:02 GMT
Hello Russell,

       Sorry if that seemed short, I was running in to pick my son up from
my practice. What I meant to say was that you are correct. Although I
haven't worked on those processors, I do believe it is expecting the listS3
processor to function and that is why you are getting that error. I would
love to know if there is a work around because I would also love to work
with these processors within the next week or so.

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 9:16 PM, Russell Whitaker <
russell.whitaker@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 6:11 PM, Corey Flowers <cflowers@onyxpoint.com>
> wrote:
> > Ha ha! Well that would do it! :)
> >

> I don't know what that would "do" other than confirm that the
> FetchS3Object processor shipped
> with v0.4.1 needs its doc to reflect the fact it's not yet useable
> untl a ListS3* processor is implemented
> and included in the narfile for the distribution.
>
> Russell
>
> > Sent from my iPhone

> >> I mentioned this: "There's no "ListS3Object" processor type which
> >> might hypothetically populate
> >> attributes for FetchS3Object to act upon." I should have made this
> >> doubly explicit that I checked
> >> in the processor creation dialogue.
> >>
> >> Also, this:
> >>
> https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/nifi-users/201510.mbox/%3CD23C06E8.CA0%25chakrader.dewaragatla@lifelock.com%3E
> >>
> >> "There is already a ticket
> >> (NIFI-840<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-840>)
> >> in the hopper to create a ListS3Objects processor that can track
> >> bucket contents and trigger
> >> FetchS3Object."
> >>
> >> Oh god, it does appear that v0.4.1 ships with an implemented
> >> FetchS3Object processor but no
> >> List processor to feed it:
> >>
> >> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-840

> >> use in conjunction with FetchS3Object. This is to provide a similar
> >> user experience as with the HDFS processors that perform List/Get."
> >>
> >> I think this means I'm horked. And the Relationships section of the
> >> FetchS3Object doc is still wrong.
> >>
> >> Russell

> https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/components/org.apache.nifi.processors.aws.s3.FetchS3Object/index.html
> ,