nifi-users mailing list archives

From <prajod.vettiyat...@wipro.com>
Subject RE: NIFI connecting to Activemq
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2016 05:06:06 GMT
Hi,

One non-intuitive step that is required in NiFi is that you have to log into the Nifi web
UI and "start" the data flow for NiFi to start processing messages. To "start" the data flow,
you have to press the red coloured "play" icon on the top of the web UI, located below the
menu items. The URL for the web UI shows up in the logs/nifi-app.log file when the NiFi server
starts.

I haven't tried with ActiveMQ and NiFi, but have tried reading a File, processing with NiFi
and sending to Apache Spark. When I forget to press the "play" button, Spark is not even able
to connect to NiFi.

Regards,
Prajod

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Witt [mailto:joe.witt@gmail.com]
Sent: 07 January 2016 03:59
To: users@nifi.apache.org
Subject: Re: NIFI connecting to Activemq

Christopher,

Is there any error/feedback showing up in the UI or in the logs?

Thanks
Joe

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 5:19 PM, Christopher Hamm <email@christopherhamm.com> wrote:
> What am I doing wrong with hooking up my activemq jms get template? I
> put stuff into the activeMQ and NIFI wont get it. Using 0.4.1.
>
> --
> Sincerely,
> Chris Hamm
> (E) cehamm01@gmail.com
> (Twitter) http://twitter.com/webhamm
> (Linkedin) http://www.linkedin.com/in/chrishamm
of this message and any attachments. WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email.
The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The
company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.
www.wipro.com