nifi-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Burgess <mattyb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Struggling with ExtractText
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2016 02:53:56 GMT
Jeroen,

You can achieve this with either (as you mentioned) 3 different attributes (each with their
own regex), or you can have a single regex and use the grouping/index that ExtractText provides.

For the latter, add a property called “line” (for example) that uses something like the
following regex:

/(\S+) (\S+) (\S+)

This splits the line into the three attributes you mention, except the attribute names are
based on the group index so:

line.1 = opsbot
line.2 = url
line.3 = logstash

If you need the attributes named as you mention, you can add an UpdateAttribute processor
that loads the values above into the attributes you wish:

message.destination = ${line.1}
message.action = ${line.2}
message.parameters = ${line.3}

The regex and such would change if parameters were “the rest of the line”, but that’s
the last (\S+), the approach would remain the same.

Hope this helps!  Cheers,
Matt