nifi-users mailing list archives

From Keaton Cleve <keaton.cl...@gmail.com>
Subject HDFS > Nifi > HDFS vs Distcp
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2016 19:24:52 GMT
Hi all,

I have been evaluating Nifi and it seems like a very good tool.
Congratulations.

I have different workflows in mind such as File > Kafka, File > HTTP, File
> HDFS, HDFS > HTTP, etc. for which Nifi seem very suited.

One question I have however is how suited is Nifi for workflows such as
HDFS in data center to HDFS in another data center? It would be nice to
have all the dataflows in the same tool and to benefit from Nifi's data
provenance for those tasks, but how would performance compare to doing a
Distcp task?

What would be other advantages of using Nifi over Distcp?

Thanks,