nifi-users mailing list archives

From Keith Lim <Keith....@ds-iq.com>
Subject Re: How to extract mutiple json properties/fields into processor properties?
Date Wed, 11 May 2016 22:15:43 GMT
Thanks Brian, that works.  I have a follow up question.  I want to use the update attribute
flowfile from this

EvaluateJSONPath processor and flow it to a GetHttp.  However, GetHttp does not allow me to
link to, i.e. to take a flowfile as input.   Is there a different processor I should use to
do this?

Thanks,
Keith

________________________________
From: Bryan Bende <bbende@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 12:01 PM
To: users@nifi.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to extract mutiple json properties/fields into processor properties?

Hi Keith,

If you have a single JSON document and want to extract data from it into attributes, then
the processor you would be interested in is EvaluateJSONPath.

You add user defined properties to the processor, where the name will be the id of the resulting
attribute, and the value will be the json path to extract.

For instance, if you added properties:

myId = $.id
myMsg = $.msg

That would extract the values of the "id" and "msg" fields from the JSON and put them on to
the flow file as attributes with the names "myId" and "myMsg".

You would also want to set "Destination" to "flowfile-attribute".

-Bryan

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 2:47 PM, Keith Lim <Keith.Lim@ds-iq.com<mailto:Keith.Lim@ds-iq.com>>