nifi-users mailing list archives

From Conrad Crampton <conrad.cramp...@SecData.com>
Subject ConvertAvroSchema locale default error
Date Fri, 06 May 2016 12:27:01 GMT
Hi,
I am seeing this error in my logs (may or may not be linked to upgrade to 0.6.1)

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid locale format: default
         at org.apache.commons.lang.LocaleUtils.toLocale(LocaleUtils.java:110) ~[na:na]
         at org.apache.nifi.processors.kite.ConvertAvroSchema.onTrigger(ConvertAvroSchema.java:277)
~[na:na]
….

I have a number of flows that use ConvertAvroSchema processor but I just have the default
locale of ‘default’ in there which would appear to be the problem. I’m running on Java
8 if that make a difference.

Running >locale on a node in my cluster with the problem returns the same as nodes without
the error.
[root@yarn-cm1 opt]# locale
LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

Should I manually set the locale in the ConvertAvroSchema or need to do something else??

Thanks
Conrad

SecureData, combating cyber threats
The information contained in this message or any of its attachments may be privileged and
confidential and intended for the exclusive use of the intended recipient. If you are not
the intended recipient any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other dissemination or
use of this communications is strictly prohibited. The views expressed in this email are those
of the individual and not necessarily of SecureData Europe Ltd. Any prices quoted are only
valid if followed up by a formal written quote.

SecureData Europe Limited. Registered in England & Wales 04365896. Registered Address:
SecureData House, Hermitage Court, Hermitage Lane, Maidstone, Kent, ME16 9NT