nifi-users mailing list archives

From Leslie Hartman <lpha...@nsa.gov>
Subject Re: Processor Question
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2016 11:54:54 GMT
Joe:

     Thanks, I did number one today and it worked great. I sent it a 700
meg file and it
just kept the first 10 lines.

     Thank You.

     Leslie Hartman

Joe Percivall wrote:
> For number one, you can also use RouteText[1] with the matching strategy "Satisfies Expression".
Then as a dynamic property use this expression "${lineNo:le(10)}". This will route first 10
lines to the "matched" relationship (assuming "Route to each matching Property Name" is not
selected). This option also allows you to route those unmatched lines elsewhere if you need
(if not just auto-terminate the "unmatched" relationship).

> The for number two, instead of ReplaceText, you could also use RouteText. Set the matching
strategy to "Matches Regular Expression". Then set the dynamic property to match everything
and end with "unambiguously" (an example being "((\w|\W)*unambiguously)"). This will route
all the text that matches the Regex apart from the end of the file and gives you the option
to route the ending text differently if needed.