nifi-users mailing list archives

From <prajod.vettiyat...@wipro.com>
Subject RE: nifi memory question
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2016 13:54:58 GMT
Hi,

Assigning more memory to the jvm: NiFi runs on java. So you can set the max heap size to 32GB.

Change the bin\nifi.sh file to start java with the jvm flag:
“–Xmx32g”

The default value is lesser than 32GB. See this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28272923/default-xmxsize-in-java-8

Prajod

From: Joe Witt [mailto:joe.witt@gmail.com]
Sent: 07 June 2016 18:08
To: users@nifi.apache.org
Subject: Re: nifi memory question

** This mail has been sent from an external source **

Leslie

You could update the flowfile queue swap threshold higher in such a case.  That said at that
size of a heap you may see undesirable GC behavior.

Simply put what you saw when making tons of tiny flowfiles after a split and it causing slowness
is a bug and should be fine on far smaller heaps. We can and should push those things out
of the heap for large sessions like that.  You should be able to use it like you did and see
no perf implications.  That we must fix.

Mark Payne...do you recall the jira number to tackle this?

Thanks
Joe
On Jun 7, 2016 6:23 AM, "Leslie Hartman" <lphartm@nsa.gov<mailto:lphartm@nsa.gov>>