Hi Joe and others,

I see a high-level problem with searchable documentation for Processors in two areas.

1.  The current new-processor-dialog shown during Add Processor has a search (filter) capability, but it only searches through the Tags and Type, not Property Names, PropertyDescriptor, or even AllowableValue's description text.  That's a shame, because doing a search for "line" brings up nothing.

Solution:  I think a more comprehensive Search/Filter that also searches PropertyDescriptor and AllowableValue's would be much better.  Showing a more expanded Add Processor dialog that also shows the description text for the Properties and AllowableValues descriptions as well.

Wanted Position: Make the dialog show more complete info for a Processor when a user clicks on a processor.

2. AllowableValue descriptions are not ideally displayed on the docs page, but instead are hidden in a small blue ? circle next to each value title, such as https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/components/org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.RouteText/index.html has Matching Strategy with AllowableValue of Satisfies Expression, but key information about it having variables Line and LineNo are hidden completely and should not be. Its part of the full documentation, and all documentation should be shown to a user visiting the docs pages.

Solution:  Sub table the Allowable Values column on nifi-docs and add a column for "Allowable Values description" next to each AllowableValue (just as the source code does).

I have added these comments to JIRA issue for enhanced filter on Add Processor here:

-Thad