I do have similar client protocol issue? how can we make this  Hive* processor very generic where users can point to the LIB directory where it can have JAR files for Hadoop Cluster?

SAS Hadoop Access connector is using below approach from their Enterprise Guide.

-        Download the JAR files from hadoop cluster

-        Down the config files from hadoop cluster

Export two configuration variables

Export HDOOOP_LIB_PATH=/opt/cdh/5.7.1/lib/             (which will have all the jar files)

Export HADOOP_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/cdh/5.7.1/conf/

Can we have similar options on all the hadoop related processors? Which will make things to work with all different version of hadoop.

Thanks,

Ram