nifi-users mailing list archives

From Nirmal Kumar <nirmal.ku...@impetus.co.in>
Subject Re: Does NiFi ConsumeJMS Processor supports OpenJMS?
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2016 00:52:50 GMT
Thanks Oleg for debugging the issue.

I will raise a JIRA and share the details in the mail thread.

-Nirmal

From: Oleg Zhurakousky
Sent: Tuesday, 1 November, 7:27 PM
Subject: Re: Does NiFi ConsumeJMS Processor supports OpenJMS?
To: users@nifi.apache.org

Nirmal

Did some digging and the NPE is due to the fact that we are invoking a default constructor
for whatever connection factory class is provided (i.e., ‘org.exolab.jms.client.JmsConnectionFactory’).
And that works for most major JMS providers, however for OpenJMS after looking at the code
it is rather clear that the default constructor that is exposed was not exposed to be actually
used by the developers but rather internal serialization use.

/**

     * Default constructor required for serialization

     */

    public JmsConnectionFactory() {

    }

Not sure why it was done this way . . ., but the NPE is due to the fact that the server proxy
class is null so when it attempts to do Class.forName(proxyClassName) in getProxy() method
it fails with NPE.

One other thing I noticed is that all OpenJMS examples are based on obtaining ConnectionFactory
from JNDI for which we currently do not have support.

Once again, please raise the JIRA if you believe that it’s important to add such feature.

Cheers

Oleg

On Nov 1, 2016, at 9:29 AM, Oleg Zhurakousky <ozhurakousky@hortonworks.com<mailto:ozhurakousky@hortonworks.com>>