nifi-users mailing list archives

From Russell Bateman <russell.bate...@perfectsearchcorp.com>
Subject NiFi versions and remote process groups
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2016 21:56:30 GMT
Should I be able to wire a remote process group on a NiFi 1.0.0 canvas
to an input port on a 0.7.1 canvas? (Neither is a cluster.)

I have an input port in 0.7.1, but when I click the "circle-arrow" icon
on my NiFi 1.0.0 remote process group and drag it, I get

'NiFi Flow' does not have any output ports (true, it doesn't)
'NiFi Flow' does not have any input ports (false, there is one).

When I try to connect the output of a processor in my NiFi 1.0.0
instance, I also get
'NiFi Flow' does not have any input ports.

I presume 'NiFi Flow' refers to my running NiFi 0.7.1 instance (since
that's its name in the title bar of the browser).

I've examined:

    https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/user-guide.html#Remote_Group_Transmission
    https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/user-guide.html#site-to-site
    https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/16461/nifi-understanding-how-to-use-process-groups-and-r.html