nifi-users mailing list archives

From Alessio Palma <alessio.pa...@docomodigital.com>
Subject Re: How do you recover a workflow ?
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2016 07:15:33 GMT
The point is that I have a workflow but sometimes things go wrong and I need to manually restart
it; this action requires:

1) Change some parameters ( UpdateAttribute processor )

2) Fire a new flowfile which will start again the workflow.  Perhaps this is the most obscure
point. We are using nifi to execute some old cron jobs and I'm using the GenerateFlowFile
( crontab scheduling strategy ) processor to start the flow.
When the workflow did not complete I use another GenerateFlowFile processor to fire a new
flowfile which allows me to execute again the flow out of the schedule.

All these points can be executed faster if I can insert the value into some kind of form into
the screen and can fire a new flowfile clicking some button instead to start/stop ad additional
GenerateFlowFile processor.

Perhaps I'm doing it in the wrong way. So how do you restart a workflow ? Maybe this feature
can help others in the same task.
Don't know... I'm just asking.

________________________________
From: Jeff <jtswork@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2016 2:36:02 AM
To: users@nifi.apache.org
Subject: Re: How do you recover a workflow ?

Hello Alessio,

Could you provide some more details about your NiFi flow?

One of the triggers I used to manually be able to start processing in my flow was to have
a GetFile processor (configured with "Keep Source File" set to false) watching for files in
a directory, and when I wanted to test the flow, I would just run the touch command to create
a file that the GetFile processor would detect and emit a flowfile for it.

Depending on your use case, there might be a better source processor for flowfiles that you
can use in your flow.

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 6:55 AM Alessio Palma <alessio.palma@docomodigital.com<mailto:alessio.palma@docomodigital.com>>