nifi-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Grande <apere...@gmail.com>
Subject Delay Processor
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2016 13:50:22 GMT
Hi,

I'd lime to check where discussions are on this, ir propose the new
component otherwise.

Use case: make delay strategies explicit, easier to use. E.g. think of a
failure retry loop.

Currently, ControlRate is somewhat related, but can be improved. E.g.
introduce delay strategies a la prioritizers on the connection?

Thinking out loud, something like a exponential backoff strategy could be
kept stateless by adding a number of housekeeping attributes to the FF,
which eliminates the need for any state in the processor itself.

I'll stop here to see if any ideas were captured prior abd what community
thinks of it.

Andrew