nifi-users mailing list archives

From Bryan Bende <bbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Get Ignite Processor - Upstream Connections is invalid
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2016 14:05:11 GMT
Hello,

I think the description of Cache Entry Identifier might be inaccurate
because it says ""A FlowFile attribute, or attribute expression used for
determining Ignite cache key for the Flow File content" but in the code it
does this:

String key =
context.getProperty(IGNITE_CACHE_ENTRY_KEY).evaluateAttributeExpressions(flowFile).getValue();

So the Cache Entry Identifier looks like the name of the key to retrieve,
which could be a static value to retrieve the same key over and over, or
could be expression language to get the key dynamically from an incoming
flow file.
So lets say in your cache you have key = foo with value = bar, you could
have a Flow File with an attribute named cache.key and the value set to
foo, and in GetIgnite you can set Cache Entry Identifier to ${cache.key},
or you could just put foo directly into the processor property.

As far as requiring an incoming Flow File, you are right that this
processor should be be called FetchIgnite since "Get" processors are
usually source processors. It looks like there would need to be a
corresponding ListIgnite that could produce Flow Files for each of the keys
available that could then be fed into GetIgnite, but currently that doesn't
exist. I don't know anything about Ignite so I don't know if that is
possible or not.

-Bryan