nifi-users mailing list archives

From Panos Geo <panospanos1...@outlook.com>
Subject Re: Controller services visibility problem
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2016 17:20:17 GMT
Hello Mark and Joe,

Thank you very much for your replies. This explains the behaviour we have been seeing.

The hint to look for the Operate palette instead of the top right corner made the difference
[😉]

Best regards,

Panos

________________________________
From: Mark Payne <markap14@hotmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2016 3:16 PM
To: users@nifi.apache.org
Subject: Re: Controller services visibility problem

Hi Panos,

You are correct in that Controller Services that are created in the top-right corner will
not be available
to Processors. These are "controller-level" services and are available only to Reporting Tasks
and other
Controller Services.

If you want to use a Controller Service for Processors, then you need to create the service
at the Process Group
level (in the Operate palette). A Controller Service that is created here is available to
any Processor in this group
and any child group. So if you want a Controller Service to be available to all Processors,
you can simply create
the Controller Service at the Root Process Group, and all child groups will then have access
to it.

Thanks
-Mark

On Nov 17, 2016, at 9:10 AM, Panos Geo <panospanos1983@outlook.com<mailto:panospanos1983@outlook.com>>