nifi-users mailing list archives

From ddewaele <ddewa...@gmail.com>
Subject ReplaceText and special characters
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2016 21:26:05 GMT
Hi,

I need to send a byte sequence to a TCP socket every 10 minutes.

I've setup a GenerateFlowFile processor to generate 1 random byte every 10
minutes, followed by a replaceText processor that will replace that 1 byte
with my byte sequence (a string literal).

I can use SHIFT-ENTER in the ReplaceText processor to generate newlines, but
I would like to generate a carriage return instead of a newline.

Is this possible with the ReplaceText processor ? I've tried using "\r" ,
"\\r" in both regex and literal mode, but I cannot the carriage return in
the outgoing flowfile.

Any ideas on how to do this with a standard processor ?

Also, is there another way to generate a flowfile in a CRON-like fashion ? I
read that the GenerateFlowFile is typically used for load testing, where
here it used to trigger a CRON based flow. I feel like I'm abusing the
GenerateFlowFile processor for this.

Thanks.