nifi-users mailing list archives

From ddewaele <ddewa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Processors on the fly for many sensor devices
Date Tue, 27 Dec 2016 19:29:59 GMT
H,

We've been using our Netty4 based GetTCP processor in production for a while
now with success. We've currently got the code on a branch in your forked
repo :
https://github.com/IxorTalk/nifi-gettcp-bundle/tree/raf/netty-tcp-client

It detects read timeouts , channel inactivities, and can properly recover
from these scenarios.

Would be great if you could take a look and provide some feedback. By using
Netty I feel like we don't need to implement a lot of potentially
error-prone low level nio plumbing.

We would be more than happy to contribute this back to you so that the
processor might end up in a future NiFi release. We feel that especially for
IoT based use-cases, where a lot of tcp based communication exists (reading
sensor data), this type of processor, being able to stream TCP based
bytestreams and outputting flowfiles would be of great value.

We're also thinking about creating an InvokeTCP processor, a processor that
would run more short-lived and accept flowfiles from other processors
(acting as TCP requests) and would output the TCP response as a flowfile.