nifi-users mailing list archives

From Simon Elliston Ball <si...@simonellistonball.com>
Subject Re: HMAC key storage?
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2016 10:19:26 GMT
This sounds like a job for sensitive properties to me. If you create a property on your custom
processor and mark it with .senstive(true) in your builder, then the value stored in the flow
conf will be available as a regular property, but encrypted on disk with a key specified in
the nifi.properties. See https://github.com/apache/nifi/blob/master/nifi-nar-bundles/nifi-standard-bundle/nifi-standard-processors/src/main/java/org/apache/nifi/processors/standard/GetHTTP.java#L172
<https://github.com/apache/nifi/blob/master/nifi-nar-bundles/nifi-standard-bundle/nifi-standard-processors/src/main/java/org/apache/nifi/processors/standard/GetHTTP.java#L172>
for an example of how this works.

Simon

> On 18 Dec 2016, at 09:32, Jonathan Telfer <jntelfer@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all
>
> I'm currently writing a custom processor to access a non standard messaging protocol.
The protocol requires each call to contain an authorization header signed by a sha256 hmac.

> I'm using commons HmacUtils to generate the signature, but I need advice on the best
way to store the secret key and make it available to the processor.