nifi-users mailing list archives

From Richard Duarte <richard.c.dua...@gmail.com>
Subject Data SLA
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2016 17:29:49 GMT
Hello,

I'm working on a project that I'd like to use Nifi for, however I'm trying
to figure out if there's a way to alert on the availability of data being
provided correctly to an agreement.

Example:
1. Team X has agreed to provide files in directory Y in HDFS
2. Team X has agreed to provide those files once per day by 9 AM PST
3. Team X has agreed to name those files following naming convention
[x]-[date]-[abc]

Is there any way for Nifi to alert on Team X violating any of those
agreements?  I.E. can we get Nifi to alert on the files not being there,
the files not being there in time, and/or the files not following the
correct naming conventions?

If not, are there any other tools that tie into Nifi to provide help on the
Data SLA?

Thanks,
Richard