nifi-users mailing list archives

From James McMahon <jsmcmah...@gmail.com>
Subject File causes unexpected stoppage in play
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2016 15:47:05 GMT
Hello. Am wondering if anyone knows how to overcome a challenge with
unmappable file characters? I have used a GetFile processor to bring a
large number of zip files into a NiFi flow. All read in successfully. I try
to then use an UnpackContent processor to unzip the files to their
individual file members. Most work just fine. However there appears to be a
file that throws this error in UnpackContent:

failed to process session due to java.nio.file.InvalidPathException:
Malformed input or input contains unmappable characters

My processing stalls. Nothing else flows. What is the proper way to
configure the UnpackContent processor step so that it shuttle such
files off to the side when it encounters them, and permits the other files
waiting in queue to process? I do now have a "failure" path established for
my UnpackContent processor, but for some reason it does not send these
problem files down that path. I suspect it may be because the zip files
does unpack successfully but the underlying file(s) within the zip cause
processing to choke.

How can I engineer a flow to overcome this challenge? Thanks in advance for
your help.