nifi-users mailing list archives

From Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nifi Vs Messaging Brokers (Kafka/Rabbitmq)
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2016 17:56:15 GMT
Raj,

You can use NiFi to replace aspects of these things for general
purpose cases.  In some narrow but important cases it is a reasonable
thing to do but I do not recommend it generally.

Kafka will be far faster and better than NiFi at acting like Kafka.

RabbitMQ will be too.

I recommend thinking about your architecture in such a way that has
both messaging and flow management.  You can see more about my
thoughts on this subject here [1].

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQCgtCoZyFQ&t=1902s

Thanks
Joe