nifi-users mailing list archives

From Bryan Bende <bbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade to v0.7: reusing repos and flow.xml.gz?
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2016 14:24:14 GMT
James,

The short answer is that everything you described should be possible, and
upgrading from 0.6.1 to 0.7 should be straight forward.

1) Yes you can copy the flow.xml.gz from one instance to the other. This
files doesn't actually hold any information about the data, that is all
held in the repositories, the flow.xml only holds the definition of the
flow (what processors/groups there are, how they are connected etc). The
state of the flow in terms of where data is would be based on the flow file
repository.

2) Yes you should be able to point at the same repos. The 0.x baselines
does not incorporate any version info in the repositories as far as I know,
so I believe you can go back and forth between 0.6 and 0.7, but in the 1.1
release there was something introduced that I believe would make it so you
can't go back from 1.1 to 1.0, but helps will rollbacks going forward after
1.1 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-2854)

3) I don't know of anything that changed for 0.7 related to this.

4) You should be able to use the same certs and keys.

This page is a little bit old, but it has some additional info that might
be worth reading regarding upgrading:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Upgrading+NiFi

Thanks,

Bryam