nifi-users mailing list archives

From Oleg Zhurakousky <ozhurakou...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: How to integrate a custom protocol with Apache Nifi
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2016 01:14:15 GMT
Hi Kant

What you’re trying to accomplish is definitely possible, however more information may be
needed from you.
For example, the way I understand your statement about “integration with many systems”
is something like JMS, Kafka, TCP, FTP etc…. If that is the case such integration is definitely
possible with your “custom system” by developing custom Processor and/or ControllerService.
Processors and ControllerServices are the two main integration points within NiFi
You can definitely find may examples by looking at some of the processors (i.e., PublishKafka
or ConsumeKafka, PublishJMS or ConsumeJMS etc.)

Let us know if you need more help to guide you through the process.

Cheers
Oleg

> On Dec 6, 2016, at 7:46 PM, kant kodali <kanth909@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> HI All,
>
> I understand that Apache Nifi has integration with many systems but what If I have an
application that talks a custom protocol ? How do I integrate Apache Nifi with the custom
protocol?