nifi-users mailing list archives

From Nirmal Kumar <nirmal.ku...@impetus.co.in>
Subject RE: Getting org.springframework.web.client.HttpClientErrorException: 409 Conflict on DELETE ProcessGroup
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2016 07:51:27 GMT
Each time I fire the DELETE request I first GET the ProcessGroup details and then fetch the
*version*.
So I am passing the correct version in DELETE request.

Thanks,
-Nirmal

From: Matt Gilman [mailto:matt.c.gilman@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 7, 2016 12:37 AM
To: users@nifi.apache.org
Subject: Re: Getting org.springframework.web.client.HttpClientErrorException: 409 Conflict
on DELETE ProcessGroup

I'm not familiar with Spring RestTemplate but I'm sure they offer the ability to get at the
response body. Maybe it's possible to implement a custom error handler or something.

Without knowing more, I could venture a guess that your requests are failing intermittently
because you not passing along the correct revision. NiFi employs an optimistic locking model
whereby clients pass along a revision version to indicate that currently hold the most update
to date version of that component.

Here a blog that details this and provides a nice sequence diagram to help visualize it [1].
The relevant details are towards the bottom.

Matt

[1] https://community.hortonworks.com/content/kbentry/3160/update-nifi-flow-on-the-fly-via-api.html

On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 1:53 PM, Nirmal Kumar <nirmal.kumar@impetus.co.in<mailto:nirmal.kumar@impetus.co.in>>