nifi-users mailing list archives

From Aldrin Piri <aldrinp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cannot Restart Nifi
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2017 10:57:52 GMT
Hi Jim,

In getting to the root cause, could you please provide information on your environment?  Did
you apply the best practices listed in the System Administrator's guide?  Could you provide
some details on what your scripts are doing?

If the data is not of importance, removing the Flowfile Repo should get you going. You can
additionally remove the content repo, but this should be cleaned up by the framework as no
flowfiles will point to said content.

Aldrin Piri
Sent from my mobile device.

> On Mar 28, 2017, at 06:12, James McMahon <jsmcmahon3@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I noticed, too, that I have many partitions, partition-0 to partition-255 to be exact.
These all have journal files in them. So I suspect that the journal file I cited is not specifically
the problem in and of itself, but instead is the point where the allowable open files threshold
is reached. I'm wondering if I have to recover by deleting all these partitions? -Jim

>> On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 5:58 AM, James McMahon <jsmcmahon3@gmail.com> wrote:
>> While trying to use Python logging from two scripts I call via two independent ExecuteScript
processors, I seem to have inadvertently created a condition where I have too many files open.
This is causing a serious challenge for me, because when I attempt to start nifi (v0.7.1)
it fails.

>> The log indicates that the flow controller cannot be started, and it cites the cause
as this:
>> org.apache.nifi.web.NiFiCoreException: Unable to start Flow Controller
>> .
>> . (many stack trace entries)
>> .
>> Caused by: java.nio.file.FileSystemException: /mnt/flow_repo/flowfile_repository/partition-86/83856.journal:
Too many files open

>> In a situation like this, what is the best practice for recovery? Is it permissible
to simply delete this journal file? What are the negative repercussions of doing that?

>> I did already try deleting my provenance_repository, but that did not allow nifi
to restart. (NiFi did re-establish my provenance_repository at restart).