nifi-users mailing list archives

From "Carlos Manuel Fernandes (DSI)" <carlos.antonio.fernan...@cgd.pt>
Subject RE: Automating updates in process groups through templates
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2017 14:44:03 GMT
James, one idea, if your common workflow was wrapped with HandleHttpRequest and HandleHttpResponse
you can reuse them (calling with invokeHttp) since you pass all the parameters in the request
 and your workflow  use them as attributes. Your common workflow behaves like a Micro Service.

Of course , the feature Reference-able+Process+Groups suggested by Joe Witt  its more clean
and readable solution.

Carlos

From: James McMahon [mailto:jsmcmahon3@gmail.com]
Sent: quinta-feira, 9 de Março de 2017 11:47
To: users@nifi.apache.org
Subject: Automating updates in process groups through templates

Good morning. We are developing NiFi workflows with a few key strategic goals in mind, one
of which is this: change common workflows in one place only, and have those changes ripple
through to all process groups that employ that code.

More specifically: we have a complex but common workflow that we save as template XYZ. That
template is used within Process Group ABC, DEF, and XYZ. We need to make improvements to the
template, and want those improvements to be picked up automatically by each of the process
groups. How do we make that happen?

Thank you in advance for your insights.

Jim