nifi-users mailing list archives

From Andy LoPresto <alopre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Importing template into 1.2.0
Date Thu, 11 May 2017 23:52:05 GMT
Hi Tim.

What processor has multiple versions and which is the desired target? As your 1.2.0 installation
is a clean install, I would actually recommend just exporting the complete flow.xml.gz file
from your existing 1.1.2 instance and placing it in the $NIFI_HOME/conf directory for the
1.2.0 instance.

Bryan Bende also wrote a good article describing the feature and some of the background if
you haven’t seen it yet [1].

[1] http://bryanbende.com/development/2017/05/10/apache-nifi-1-2-0-component-versioning <http://bryanbende.com/development/2017/05/10/apache-nifi-1-2-0-component-versioning>

Andy LoPresto
alopresto@apache.org
alopresto.apache@gmail.com

> On May 11, 2017, at 4:47 PM, Tim Zimmerman <icemanltd@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> First thanks for the 1.2.0 release. There are a few things I have been looking forward
to (wait/notify).

> Now, I have a question. I was running 1.1.2 locally and experimenting with a few ideas.
After creating a template and exporting one of those ideas, I unpacked 1.2.0 and started it
up.

> I am able to import the template fine but when I try to place it on the canvas I get
dialog that there is more than one version of the processor on the path and the template does
not appear.

> I understand this is due to the new versioning and I thought maybe if I just hacked in
the <bundle> element I could get this template working but I did that and tried again
but it still does not seem to be working.