nifi-users mailing list archives

From Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to lock getfile upto putfile write into same file?
Date Thu, 18 May 2017 12:09:30 GMT
PutFile while writing automatically writes with a dot prepended and
once the write is complete it removes the dot.

If you have multiple instances of PutFile writing to the same file
with the intent of appending to that file it will like fail in strange
ways.

I would recommend you simply build up the complete thing you want to
write out to a file using MergeContent and send the merged results to
PutFile.  However, it should not be the case that you have PutFile and
GetFile sharing a given file in the same NiFi as you can simply
connect the processors to move the data without have to leave the
confines of NiFi using file IO.

Thanks