nifi-users mailing list archives

From Aldrin Piri <aldrinp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to start NiFi on an EC2 instance
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2017 01:23:51 GMT
Hi James!

NiFi 1.0+ explicitly requires Java 8.

As far as service installation, it is likely needed to be done as root for touching those
parts of the system.

Would also suggest using the script to install the service.

Let us know if you hit hurdles after getting JRE 8 installed.

Aldrin Piri
Sent from my mobile device.

> On Jun 12, 2017, at 17:46, James McMahon <jsmcmahon3@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Good evening. I downloaded NiFi 1.3.0 to a linux EC2 instance in AWS I recently created.
A uname -or tells me the version of Linux I am running: 4.9.20-11.31.amzn1.x86_64 GNU/Linux

> I tried to establish nifi as a service. I was the root user - not the nifi user - I changed
to the bin directory of my nifi installation and ran
> ./nifi.sh install
> I got this small /etc/init.d/nifi file:
>
> NIFI_HOME=/local/opt/nifi/nifi-1.3.0
> bin_dir=${NIFI_HOME}/bin
> nifi_executable=${bin_dir}/nifi.sh
>
> ${nifi_executable} "$@"
>
> I then executed
> service nifi start
> I expected the service to start owned by user nifi, because in my bootstrap.conf file
I set
> run.as=nifi
>
> It never started. I got this error:
> [root@ip-10-0-0-21 init.d]# service nifi start
> nifi.sh: JAVA_HOME not set; results may vary
>
> Java home:
> NiFi home: /local/opt/nifi/nifi-1.3.0
>
> Bootstrap Config File: /local/opt/nifi/nifi-1.3.0/conf/bootstrap.conf
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/apache/nifi/bootstrap/RunNiFi
: Unsupported major.minor version 52.0